March 11, 2008

Like a Banshee

I have taken quite a few sick days in one go (2.5 to be precise). I called out today after being sent home yesterday for having the plague. I emailed my boss an hour ago; she said okay and then proceeded to ask me about the status of a bunch of things I did yesterday. So it looks like I'm working from home to some extent. THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF A SICK DAY!
Home & Work should be like Oil & Water.
Now my sleepiness has gone away and I'm awake and my head hurts. Sonofabitch!

I want to leave this. I'm not equipped to deal with hotel contracts and all this administrative shit. I bring so much of my work stress home with me, part of me hasn't yet come to terms with the fact that I'm not in school anymore, that you're not supposed to think about your job when you leave the place.

I must remember something bigger.
***
1964
1964
1965?
German Kitteh
Cry Baby
Lil' Mama

2 comments:

masala_mama said...

Come to Minneapolis. =) I could put in a good word for you here.

ashley makeawishkid said...

why don't you come live with me in providence --we can find a place cheap cheap and you won't even have to work for like a year, and we'll do whatever we want, ride bikes, make things/cartoons, dance, and watch little women at three am or some shit. i could support us, it'll be like a tracy chapman song, only without hoping for better days