July 28, 2009

Awful = Awffice +/- Cawfee


office coffee

Shared via AddThis

SO TRUE. I hate getting stuck talking to people in the copy room. Office coffee is SO terrible, and fake laughing at people's boring anecdotes is even worse.

Anyway, I happened upon this on FFFFound. It's called "New Math" by Craig Damrauer (http://www.morenewmath.com/all/). Some of the stuff is funny and some of the stuff I don't completely get because I'm pretty slow these days.

Everything feels slow, actually. My workcomputer is so slow, I've had silent fits of rage and needed to walk away. And it seems as though the days go by quickly but the hours I spend in the office drag on & on. I wish in between the hours I spend here, I could engage in some things I actually enjoy. I'd like to finish my book (currently reading In Other Rooms Other Wonders), or start some new drawings, or finish some other ones I've started, or flesh out ideas & illustrations for a longer length comic. It's sad- I pretty much give up when I get home; either immersing myself in cooking or cleaning or cuddling, somehow actively avoiding things that require imagination and creative effort.

Boredom is a horrible state to be in. It never happens to me unless I'm at work. It makes me wonder why we can't drink at work to make it more enjoyable, or at least have an excuse for falling asleep at our desks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once worked in an office where the drinks machine made the sound of an X wing when it dispensed whatever watery brown filth it saw fit to describe as coffee.
Your blog's next door to mine, so i thought i'd sneak a peak at yours. Though not in some weird, voyeuristic, night vision goggles way. a friendly way.
All the best x