August 17, 2009

Just a Couple of Sea-Cows, Us Two...

manatees_inverted

According to Wikipedia:
The name manatí comes from the Taíno, a pre-Columbian people of the Caribbean, meaning "breast".

I also learned that my doodle is physically inaccurate because "the females tend to be larger and heavier". Another little known (but sad) fact I learned is that "the current main threat to manatees in the United States is being struck by boats or slashed by propellers" because they inhabit shallow waters.

Now you know everything you need to know about manatees (but not my relationship).

3 comments:

Alek said...

I love this so much

Riffo said...

juanly thought is was disparaging towards him. i would only agree if he were really a manatee.

meggos purls said...

I don't know what's funnier--the drawings or the comment Riffo left here? I think they both rock. I cried a little because I was deprived of air from laughter.