April 26, 2007

A-musings.

Oh geez, I took this too-long nap at 5 and woke up at 8. It's not a good feeling, especially that napbreath--you gotta gargle twice to get rid of it.

The nap was brought on by a series of events, mostly related to school and constricted by time. I went to bed at 5am this morning and work up and 9:30 only to rush to print out my paper, only to get to class to have the professor announce that seniors could email him the draft.

After class I got to go to the gynecologist, where before being poked and prodded I had an extensive (20 minute) conversation with the doctor about activism, corporate ethics, environmental consciousness and just life in general. It was really remarkable, mostly I felt like giggling, it was so random. I told her about this documentary I had watched in class called "The Corporation", good stuff. Then I went for a haircut, which basically was me spending $23 to have nothing done to my head; but maybe that's a good thing since I freak out after having my hair did. But I always need something to complain about, y'know?

I'm trying to get enough money to go to the U.S. Social Forum with the study abroad folks from last summer, although everything altogether (travel, food, transport, etc.) will probably cost me about $400. I wonder if I can get a sponsor or something...
A corporate sponsor! Like these guys.

I've been introduced to The Blow, a neat group from Portland. I really like their music, especially this one song, Parentheses.



"You're not a baby if you feel the world.
All of the babies can feel the world.
That's why they cry."


3 comments:

masala_mama said...

I adore The Blow.

djdrrrtypoonjabi said...

"After class I got to go to the gynecologist, where before being poked and prodded I had an extensive (20 minute) conversation with the doctor about activism, corporate ethics, environmental consciousness and just life in general."

Honey, you could have gotten the same treatment from me, minus the waiting room and copay, and I would have taken you out for dinner first. Count it!

masala_mama said...

Dude.

Remember when we were talking in AIM last week and we came up with a really cool tagline for the blog? Well, in the process of completely losing any internet connectivity as soon as we said "that's it!" I completely forgot what our idea was. Do you remember?